Wednesday, June 10, 2009

OM - Day 10

Things are starting to get wrapped up around the office. We got a whole bunch of goodies the other day (picture below), and soon we're going to work on packing everything into my suitcase in the most efficient way possible. We have 5 old laptops for the kids in El Refugio, and a replacement for a secretary's old computer in Argentina. Her laptop screen is barely working; apparently, she has to keep it tilted just right or the connection breaks. Hopefully this will be an upgrade on the specs too.

Also, you know you're working with really old computers when you're genuinely excited to see 256MB of RAM and an ethernet port on a computer.


Computer hardware
Above: A sample of goodies I'm taking with me to Mexico and Ecuador.

4 comments:

stuff said...

I know how that is man, once had to get files off of a computer with 64 MB of RAM and a 600 MHz processor...bleah.

Also, I finally found your blog and am following it! HOORAY! (lost it when I reinstalled after royally screwing with the boot sector, EFI partition, and just about everything else I am not supposed to touch...hehe)

Robert said...

Do I see a floppy drive in that picture?

And for a couple years in high school my server was running on 466MHz and 64MB ram...goodness it was slow, but it dished out webpages great.

Hope things go well. I'll be praying for you!

denaje said...

Yes, that is a USB floppy drive you see. It came in handy a few times.

jess said...

I want to see the picture with you in it.