Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil

1am probably isn't the best time to be writing, as I have nothing in particular to write about, and strange things could come out of my mind at a time like this. Take the title for instance: I needed the most random thing I could think of so I picked one of the ingredients in the peanut butter I have sitting here on my desk. Go figure.

Recently got back from Payne's. (Don't worry, I didn't get any coffee.) I was able to scare Ryan by reciting the time and date of a previous Payne's visit that we both went on last year. For some reason, dates stick inside my head like that. I remember the dates of big events and remember the relative number of days between events, so it's fairly easy to pick out the month and day and/or day of week that particular things happened on. I wonder if I could make a living off this skill...

My hair is still black. I kinda want to keep it for a while, but I also want to shave it for Airband. I think I will, especially if my roommate does it too. Mandy I. buzzed her head yesterday, as I watched on in horror. I thought she was shaving it all the way, but she ended up stopping at 1/4". I had been telling her for weeks that she should keep her beautiful hair the way it was, but is she really going to listen to me? Of course not. Fortunately, my horror was unfounded...it actually looks really good (although the process was still quite shocking to watch).

I watched Dr. Horrible again today. It made me very happy. If you haven't seen it yet, you are missing out on possibly the greatest genius ever to come from the great mind of Joss Whedon. And that's saying a lot, because Firefly is pure genius. All three acts are on hulu.com, or you can buy them from iTunes for $4. Without question, the best $4 I ever spent. Watch it. This is the one. Tell your friends. ...sorry, that was a quote from Act I. One thing I love about it is that it's so quotable. Not to mention the amazing singing and hilarious plot line. Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris singing-how can you pass that up? After doing a little Wikipedia-ing, I just found out that Joss Whedon co-wrote Titan A.E. I loved that movie as a kid, and now I understand why! I hope to see future episodes of Dr. Horrible in the future.

I also need people to play Settlers with who won't necessarily kick my butt every time. I've been brushing up on my strategy and am eager to try out a few things. But I can still count the number of times I've played, and this needs to change. I got the game for my birthday, so if anyone wants to play, I'm all for it! (Presumably someone around Taylor, unless you feel like driving several hours to play a board game. But hey, it sounds like as good an excuse as any!)

I'm so glad that I have another day before school starts again. It seems like so much happened yesterday that it should have been Saturday and today Sunday, but lucky for me I get another day! Speaking of which, today is now technically Sunday, so I should probly think about getting to bed. How bout I do that.....now.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Settlers of Catan!!!!! purely awesome game, probably my third top favorite game only following double up! and bananagrams.

If you're up in kalamazoo over christmas break i'll totally have a settlers of catan night and invite you.