Friday, September 19, 2008

20

So I doing homework the other night until about 1am. I still needed to shower for the day (where "day" is a very loose term), so I took a shower, during which my thought process went something like this: "Woah. I just realized that I have been 20 for about an hour. Weird. I'm officially no longer a teenager. Has anything changed that would cause this? Am I a different person now? Does this mean I no longer have the same problems that I had as a teenager?"

I think the answer to all those questions is a resounding "No." One way to look at it is that I am only an hour older than I was an hour ago, and a day older than I was yesterday. This was true yesterday, the day before that, and the day before that, and it will still be true tomorrow. No matter that today just happens to be the 7305th day I am alive. Is there really anything so special about that number? Well I guess next year it'll be a bit more special since that grants certain legal privileges that might be nice to have. But seriously, the cells in my body are still decaying at roughly the same rate that they were before, and my neurons are still firing in the same general pattern as they were before. I'm not really any different, and my problems are not magically gone because I'm now 20. That stinks.

LOLcat break! http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-kitten-looks-for-bugs-in-your-computer.jpg

hehehe. I put the link in instead of a picture because I know some people have adverse reactions to lolcats. What was I saying? Something about me being 20 and it not really changing my life. I guess I haven't given it a fair enough chance. After all, it's only been less than 24 hours. Maybe in a few days it'll turn out that all kinds of cool things happen to people 20 and older that somehow don't happen to anyone else. Ha, who am I kidding? "Who am I kidding..." I said that to myself a lot yesterday...

In other news, family is visiting tomorrow. That'll be cool. My register file assignment got moved to Monday so I have the weekend to finish building it. Without a doubt I would say that class (Computer Architecture) is by far my favorite. It's a small class and we're doing some pretty cool stuff in it. Today we looked at the division and modulus aspect of the ALU. Hmmm, another LOLcat break! http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-your-cat-asks-you-what-you-are-doing.jpg

That one reminds me of Ceiling Cat. Which reminds me again that I need to figure out what Ceiling Cat wants with me, and that I need to watch Dr. Horrible again because I have multiple songs stuck in my head. I sang some of them at lunch today with Hannah Chupp. People thought I was drunk. It was pretty great.

Anyways, last LOLcat for the day: http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-kitten-gives-his-friend-a-cheeseburger.jpg
aawwwwwwww! I <3. Well that's about all I guess. It's about time for dinner and then more and more homework and trying to finish updating my ~amd64 system.

No comments: