Sunday, December 28, 2008

Deathtrap Daisy

Lrics of the Week:

I should have closed my eyes!

So in love with the memories of you that I have fallen away
So alive in the memories of you that I have died again today

Thinking of you...
Amazed by your disguise
You look so beautiful with death in your eyes
I'm breaking free from you and it's best/the hardest thing I could do
You'd never know that I loathe you
"Do not lust in your heart after her beauty
Or let her captivate you with her eyes." (Proverbs 6: 25)

I'm so in love with the memories of you that I have fallen away
So alive in the memories of you that I have died today

Oh God, God please kill the lady that's inside of me...
God please kill the lady that's inside of me...
God please kill the lady!

Stay out of my house!
You're not welcome here!
I'm so free without you
Yet so aware that I am hanging on by a thread of grace and nothing more
Sweet Jesus have mercy when she knocks on my door!
"The prostitute reduces you to your weakest
Adulteress preys upon your very life" (Proverbs 6: 26)

I'm so in love with the memories of you that I have fallen away
So alive in the memories of you that I have died today

Hosting her was the choice I made, competence was the currency paid
Hence, my true love I'd forsake
Eyes maintained for her she'd take
I'm breaking for my heart to find innocence I've left behind
God Almighty, Giver of Peace, grant to me the strength I seek!

-Staple

No comments: