Monday, November 10, 2008

Big Plans and Fun Times

Life has been wild lately. From three tests in two days, to late nights and early mornings, to coloring in a Disney princess coloring book with a half dozen other people, to awesome conversations with awesome friends. It's been a crazy couple of weeks.

I was recently introduced to what is now one of my favorite games ever: Truth or Truth. Think truth or dare but without the dare. There's no winners, no losers, no teams, no score, can be played anywhere and with anyone, and it's the best possible way to get to know a bunch of people really well. As an added bonus, it's a game that can easily be made to be really awkward. (Yay for awkward!) It also helps that we played it while coloring Disney princesses with crayons. (This is apparently what Christians do for fun.)

I attempted for the second time to install Gentoo on my laptop as I am unhappy with the Intrepid update to Ubuntu. I got everything working, save for the wireless, which is kinda necessary. So I formatted and reinstalled Ubuntu. I'll try Intrepid again, but if it continues to give me problems I'll stick with Hardy.

On a completely different note, I'm so addicted to Skillet, it can't be healthy. Or can it?

*pause for a moment while I take a survey for Calvin College's Dining Commons, despite the fact that I've never eaten there before in my life*

Hmm, what else to say? I suppose I could ask for prayer for the future, as I'm trying to work out some things in my spiritual life, and I've very recently made big changes in my life plans which I'm really excited about. It kind of started with a recent trip to Ohio to visit a friend's family. Ever since then I've made some major decisions about what I think God wants my life to look like, and it's not at all what I was expecting. Hooray for God's crazy timing too...

No comments: