Saturday, March 21, 2009

DM Spring Break 2009 - Day 1

I spent about 12 hours in the car today traveling through 4 states from Indiana to Pennsylvania, finally arriving here not too long ago. On the way here, we were stopped/crawling for a good half hour to 45 minutes until we finally passed the cause of the backup - it appeared that a semi truck crashed on the side of the road and caught fire/exploded. The trailer was completely burnt up and there was a large patch of grass that was all burnt. The cab didn't look like it fared much better. We have no idea if the driver survived or not or what exactly happened, but I'm sure someone somewhere could use your prayers.

Other than that, the drive was mostly uneventful. I learned way more about the U.S. interstate system than I ever wanted to know, but oh well. We got here and are heading to bed soon. We have church in the morning at 10, and a Bible study on Mark 9 later in the day.

Today's verse is Hebrews 11:8. "By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." I feel a little like this today. Right now I find myself in State College, Pennsylvania, with no clue how I got here, or why, or what I'm even doing here. I mean, I have a decent answer to all those questions, but I'm sensing that there's something deeper behind it all. Perhaps God is at work in one of His mysterious ways that I don't quite understand yet...for now I shall just follow Him and wait and see.

No comments: